Bulletin: Please have a look at the Bulletin in the menu for information before coming to the conference.
IMPORTANT information on opening event: Due to fire protection rules in the lecture hall of the opening event on 24 November there is only a limited number of places. Should you not be able to get a seat you can follow the event via streaming. Please make sure to bring a laptop so that you can watch it. If you do not have a laptop, you will for sure find somebody watching the event. We are very sorry for this inconvenience.
Registration for in person participation is closed - online participation is still possible.
As we have already reached our maximum capacity with the registrations so far, the in-person registration is already closed.
Information on financial support:
Members of the DPG that are eligible according to the criteria (see here) can ask for travel allowance within the „Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Förderprogramm“. More details are given in the menu. Note that the deadline for applications is 13 October 2022.
If you need child care during DPT2022 please fill in the corresponding fields in the registration form.
The German Conference of Women in Physics (Deutsche Physikerinnentagung), taking place annually since 1997, is supported by the German Physical Society (Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft DPG) and by its Working Group on Equal Opportunities (AKC). This year's conference will be hosted by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
The conference offers female physicists of different areas and at different career levels - from student to professor as well as physicists in industry - the possibility for networking and professional exchange. The program of the conference covers scientific talks from different areas of physics with special focus on the research performed at KIT, the presentation of professional perspectives for physicists, school and didactic events as well as events on topics like equal opportunity, work-life balance, or career management.
The scientific program will consist of keynote talks and a selection of registered talks. If you are interested in giving a talk (oral or in a poster session) you will have the possibility to send an abstract once the registration will be open. The talks will be selected by the scientific organization committee. You will also have the possibility to register for various workshops and events in due time.
The conference will take place in person (if the then current Covid rules allow for it). A good part of the program will also be broadcasted online. - Should it turn out that Covid rules will not allow for an in person format in November we will switch to the online format. The majority of the talks and events will be in English (details will be given in due time).
Patron of the conference is Frau Bettina Stark-Watzinger, Federal Minister for Education and Research.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof. Cornelia Denz, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt
- Prof. Monica Dunford, University of Heidelberg
- Prof. Claudia Felser, Director Max-Planck Dresden, Prizewinner of the Max Born Award 2022
- Dr. Elisabeth Fischer-Friedrich, TU Dresden, Prizewinner of the Hertha-Sponer Award 2022
- Prof. Franziska Glassmeier, TU Delft
- Prof. Ramona Gröber, University of Padova
- Dr. Edda Gschwendtner, CERN
- Prof. Céline Hadziioannou, University of Hamburg
- Prof. Stephanie Hansmann-Menzemer, University of Heidelberg
- Prof. Erica Lilleodden, Fraunhofer-Institut für Mikrostruktur von Werkstoffen und Systemen IMWS
- Prof. Roser Valenti, Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main
- Dr. Belina von Krosigk, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Prizewinner of the Hertha-Sponer Award 2023
- Prof. Annette Zippelius, University of Göttingen, Prizewinner of the Max-Planck-Medal 2022
- Annika Maier, KIT
- Prof. Dr. Anke-Susanne Müller, IBPT, KIT, Prizewinner of the Landesforschungspreis Baden-Württemberg 2022
For further questions or help contact the local organization committee at email@example.com.
If you want to support this event please inform yourself about advertising opportunities at the DPT2022 listed in the menu bar 'Sponsoring'.
The following sponsors kindly support the DPT2022:
Robert Bosch GmbH, Bundesamt für die Sicherheit der nuklearen Entsorgung, DESY, d-fine GmbH, HighFinesse GmbH, Leica Microsystems GmbH, Fz Jülich, Infineon Technologies AG, Pfeiffer-Vacuum, Spektrum der Wissenschaft Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Trumpf SE & Co. KG, xfab, Carl Zeiss AG