Am Zollernblick 1 72250 Freudenstadt-Lauterbad <a href="http://www.zollernblick-lauterbad.de/en/">http://www.zollernblick-lauterbad.de/en/</a>
Dear KSETA fellows,
following last year's success of the Doktorandenworkshop in Freudenstadt, we are preparing this year's workshop and are looking forward for your contributions again.
Scope of the Doktorandenworkshop
As last year, KSETA fellows from very different fields will be participating from theoretical particle physics to cryo engineering. Thus, you will have the opportunity to get out of your topic's ivory tower and have an exchange with other fields. Hence, your contribution will be aimed at people outside of your field and we are looking again for your contributions bringing interesting tools and topics to your fellow colleagues.
Some general ideas for possible contributions could be
- an introduction to particle physics for engineers
- detector hardware and particle measurements for theoretical and data analysing physicists
Travel and bus transferPlease fill out the >travel form< (either CS or CN depending on your status)!
We would like you to register bindingly for the bus transfer and where you will board.
The bus will depart at 8 a.m. sharp from KIT-Campus North outside of the Southern Gate (Südtor) and at 8:30 a.m. from KIT-Campus South in at the crossing of Engesser-Straße and Wolfgang-Gaede-Straße. Please choose where you want to board the bus and register yourself bindingly in this >questionary sheet< until the 7th July. We will need this information to make sure we don’t forget YOU in Karlsruhe or Leopoldshafen.
- We will provide pdf-compatible laptops for presentations. However, we recommend that you use your own laptop in case you want to present something.
- The beamer will have a standard VGA connector. If you need an adapter, please provide it yourself.
- The tutorials should be prepared in English.
- The duration of each tutorial is 55 min. Afterwards a short feedback for the presenters will be given by the audience (~5 min). You can do in your tutorial whatever you want (presentations, demonstrations, discussions, working sheets …).
We will also have flipcharts with markers.
Invited SpeakersWe have won interesting speakers over. They will present topics covering a wide scope of topics such as particle accelerator engineering, fusion technologies and career building as entrepreneur.
- Prof. Michael Feindt (KIT), Lauching a Spin-Off
- Prof. Markus Roth (TU Darmstadt), Energy Production by Particle and Laser Fusion
- Dr. Lars Groening (GSI Darmstadt), Basics of Linear Colliders
- Dr. Christoph Rembser (CERN) , The Physics Programme at the PS and SPS
- Please bring your own writing utensils (pen, paper, …)