This workshop aims at discussing new approaches, methods or data in the fields of deep geothermal reservoir exploration, characterization and exploitation, with a strong focus on on-going research. It proposes a platform of scientific exchange, especially between PhD students and scientists. We encourage PhD students and young scientists involved in geothermal reservoir development to present their recent research and ideas.
Please note that the number of places for attending the workshop is limited. In case the limit is reached, first priority will be given to accepted presenters (orals and posters) and then priority will be given according to the pre-registration date. Registration confirmation will be provided on 29 Sep. 17.
Registration to the field trip has to be done separately. More information to be found on the website.
Unfortunately, the limited number of places for attending the workshop has been reached. It is not possible to register anymore. We apologize for that and we will work an that issue for the next workshops.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: 24 Sep. 17: Abstract submission deadline. The abstract template can be found at the bottom of this page. Pre-registration must be done separately.
- 24 Sep. 17: Pre-registration deadline.
Keynotes: Experienced scientists will discuss up to date practices, current research aspects or last state of the art in specific topics relevant to the workshop. Discussion will follow.
Oral session: Speakers are invited to present their on-going work during a 12-minutes talk and a 3-minutes discussion. An abstract of approx. 2 pages and 1 figure must be submitted.
Poster session: Posters can be seen all over the workshop with specific dedicated time during lunch and coffee breaks. An abstract, no more than 1 page must be submitted. At the end of the workshop, a poster-prize will be awarded.
Geothermal site visit: Electricité de Strasbourg - Geothermie proposes the visits of the Soultz and Rittershoffen geothermal sites (France) on Wednesday 11 and Saturday 14 October. More information available on the website.
Confirmed keynote speakers
- Dr. Florian Eichinger (HYDRO-ISOTOP, Germany)
- Dr. Peter Fokker (TNO, The Netherlands)
- Dr. Gudmundur O. Fridleifsson (HS-ORKA, Iceland)
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Helmig (Uni. Stuttgart, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Florian Wellmann (Uni. RWTH Aachen, Germany)
- Dr. Maximilien Lehujeur (Uni. Strasbourg, France)